Uncategorized

News briefs for April 13

Festival honors African-American heritage CHARLOTTE – The sixth annual Charlotte African American Festival is a celebration of the rich heritage and accomplishments of the African-American community. Special attractions will include a journey through the Underground Railroad with a Harriet Tubman impersonator, The Ashanti Pageant and The Black History Walk of Fame, which features impersonations of […]

FCP Acquires 574-Unit Apartment Community In Charlotte, NC

Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Frankly and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact pressreleases@franklyinc.com SOURCE FCP "We are excited about this acquisition because of its excellent location in South […]

Agenda Weekender: 80+ things to do this Easter weekend, including plenty of egg hunts, brunches and a themed bar crawl

Hit all of your Easter egg hunts this weekend with the help of Lyft. Plus, get $5 off your first two Lyft rides using code LYFTWITHAGENDA. Weekend Forecast Friday: 74. Morning clouds, afternoon sun. 20% chance of rain.Saturday: 68. Sunny. 0% chance of rain. Sunday: 73. Mostly cloudy. 0% chance of rain. Food & Drink […]

NC must do a better job educating workers to land firms like Amazon, Cooper says | The Herald Sun

North Carolina has to do a better job of educating its workforce if the state wants to land major employers like Amazon. That’s according to Gov. Roy Cooper, who on Wednesday will outline his training priorities to grow the state’s workforce, collectively called NC Job Ready, to the NCWorks Commission in Raleigh. Becoming one of […]

Agenda Weekender: 75+ things to do this weekend, including Tyberpalooza, an Oscars night and the CIAA Tournament and its afterparties

Hit all of your CIAA afterparties safely with the help of Lyft. We’re celebrating our new partnership by giving you $5 off your first two Lyft rides using code LYFTWITHAGENDA. Weekend Forecast Friday: 59. Sunny, but windy. 0% chance of rain.Saturday: 59. Sunny. 0% chance of rain. Sunday: 60. Sunny. 0% chance of rain. Food […]

Agenda Weekender: 70+ things to do this warm weekend, including Food Truck Friday, the Southern Home & Garden Show and a banana bar crawl

Stay cool while you’re getting from point A to point B this weekend with the help of Lyft. Plus, get $5 off your first two Lyft rides using code LYFTWITHAGENDA. Weekend Forecast Friday: 78. Partly cloudy. 10% chance of rain.Saturday: 77. Cloudy. 20% chance of rain. Sunday: 72. 80% chance of thunderstorms. Food & Drink […]

Opinion roundup: Election season opens, legislature acts up, class size questions, GenX and lots more

Updated 8:22 a.m. Monday Monday, Feb. 12, 2018 — A round up of opinion, commentary and analysis on: elections begin, legislature’s actions, Lt. Gov. Forrest’s campaigning, fighting opioid abuse and more. ELECTIONS PAUL WOOVERTON: As filing period begins, uncertainty clouds 2018 elections (Fayetteville Observer analysis) — The 2018 elections start today amid confusion and uncertainty […]

Shelley deMontesquiou Affiliates with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage

Charlotte, NC February 5, 2018 – Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage is pleased to announce that Shelley deMontesquiou has affiliated as a sales associate with the company’s Ballantyne branch office. According to deMontesquiou, “I look forward to providing the best customer service and helping buyers and sellers achieve their needs with my knowledge of the area.” […]

Lowe’s seasonal hiring plans include 4,200 openings in North Carolina – Greensboro – Triad Business Journal

Lowe’s Cos. Inc. is bulking up its staff for the spring and summer seasons — the busiest in the home-improvement industry. The Mooresville-based retailer says it will add an estimated 53,000 seasonal workers in addition to full- and part-time employees across its U.S. footprint. In the Charlotte market, 1,250 seasonal staffers will be hired; hiring […]

Ballantyne residents concerned over proposed apartments

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Some neighbors in Ballantyne are signing a petition to try and stop a developer from building new apartments. They said it will create too much traffic on a road that’s about to get a lot busier. The 8 acres at Community House Road and Bryant Farms Road, across from the YMCA, is […]